I love polka dots.

I have always loved polka dots. I remember being a teenager back in the 80s having a bright neon pink jumper with huge dots on. Loved it! I felt so stylish. Big bows in the hair as well... Wish I had some photos from back then, but thanks to me being such a nomad moving around so much there is few photos of me as a teenager!

This dress is from Lovedrobe and I absolutely love it. I wore it to work the other day and got lots of compliments wearing it. The colour is gorgeous. A pale orange, more like a peachy colour and I think it suits my complexion perfectly. The dress has a typical 50s feel to it and I love that style. It is made for women with a curvy body. I bought it in a size 24 which I have to admit was a tad bit too big for me, but normally I have to choose size 24 to fit my boobs in ;) I love the material, it is light and airy and an absolute favourite of the summer. It has a lovely white satin ribbon to the waist and a tie to the back so you can get more of a shape. This dress is wider across the shoulders than any other dress I have got, but I think it works lovely as it balances my hips and gives me more of an hourglass figure. I matched this dress with my black patent wedges from last years season at Evans and a lovely mint green handbag from Primark. I love Primark's handbags. Always trendy and the price is always a bonus. This handbag was a bargain of £9.

The shoes from Evans are in my opinion the most comfortable shoes for my wide feet. They are always the correct fit and I love both shoes, sandals and boots from them. Sometimes the shoes can be a bit pricey, but I'm a big fan of their shoe range. 

In the week that has gone I met up with some plus size women that I buy stuff of sometimes and I got some really great polka dot items I look forward wearing in the autumn.

Do you guys like polka dots or is it too girly?

xxx Anne-Lise.




4 comments

  1. That dress is so beautiful. Love the colour on you. Suits you great.

    ♡ Mel xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel. I feel like a princess in it. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I love polka dots. I really like the handbag too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah. I have a polka dot obsession from the look of it... I have so many clothes with dots.. :) Handbag is great. I use it everyday now.. just love it. xx

      Delete